Monday, October 13, 2008

FREAKIN SNAKES !


My brother and I put up a tree stand last night, and I mean last night. We had a gathering at my uncle's Sunday, and afterwards he came by my house at around 8:00 and we marched through the woods with my 2 young sons in tow and assembled and attached his tree stand for next Saturday's bow hunt. I wanted to go out there today and get some pic's of the spot he picked out, but when my boy's and me got close to the stand, a snake dropped off the ladder. I HATE SNAKES ! so armed with only my camera, I decided to go back to the house and grab a shovel.
Off again, back to the stand, and before we could get into the trail, here comes the snake. I thought it would be a good idea if I got the boys back into the house and handle the situation. I got them to the front door and heard my wife scream because he had followed me to the door. That was all I needed, it was on now
I got him to the edge of the grass put him out of my misery
After I got a good look at it, I found it was some kind of pine snake or something, supposedly harmless, but how harmless can it be if it could cause me to break my leg running from it, or staring my brother in the face when he climbed up into his stand with his flashlight in his mouth and they met eye to eye ?
I will try to get some pics on Tuesday

No comments: