Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back In The Day

Back in the day I used to hit any mud bog within a 100 mile radius of my house.
I had some good trucks and some bad, but I was not looking to be a big winner, I just wanted to get in the slop and root it up

My younger brother has taken up the mud racing now, and the big thing to do around here is to use a mini truck with a big motor

He took his ranger and put it on a full size Ford truck frame



Bolted in a 460 ci motor, and had a really lightweight truck with plenty of horsepower. He hopes to have all the bugs worked out in the next few weeks to make his first run of the year


The mud season has already started here, so he went to his original mud truck this past weekend just for fun


As for me, I have taken on the task of stripping out an old 5th wheel camper so we can fabricate a bigger, stronger trailer to haul his Ford Ranger beast around on
It is my contribution to the team I guess, and it gives me something to do
You can check his pics and story of the truck build here

1 comment:

Da Old Man said...

A 460?

Yeah, beast is a good description. That has some serious horsepower.