Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Deer Season Begins


Our First day of deer season here was rain rain rain
I did prepare, and got in a blind early in the morning near some thick pines hoping to catch something coming in from the bean fields.
No luck.
Our dogs got a few hits, but the runs were short lived, and as I switched channels on the radio to listen in on the other clubs in the area, it seemed that they were not having much luck either.
After lunch, we did a drive in a thick, pine piece bordered by a beaver pond and bean fields.
The guys got around at different spots and the beagles went in.
Sure enough, as soon as they got in, they hit it hot, and we put a few on the ground.
I think I am getting old because I did not even take my 50 cal. or my 12 gauge out of the truck all day, I just enjoy listening to the dogs run

No comments: