Monday, August 4, 2008

Beachy weekend



All the kids, except for our youngest, were scattered out among grandparents this weekend. So with one little boy in the house for a couple days, We thought that we could have a little quiet time together. Well, it didn't last long because my wife decided that we were going to babysit our niece for a few days. I thought it was a good idea, because she is only 3, and still needs a lot of attention, unlike our 2 boys who are very independent. We are only 5 minutes from the beach, and decided that we would take the little girl to the water and see how she would react. Last summer, she would have nothing to do with the water or sand.




Well as you can see, it was a whole new ballgame this year. She eased into the water a little, and then splashed and played with the sand. We were a little surprised, but when she saw her cousin jumping in the water, she had to give it a try.





The mud bog at the fair was Sunday. I could not run because of my auto accident, but my brother and my friends went and ran. I am hoping to get the pics together soon and will post them. I hope everyone had a great weekend, and got outside for a little while.







No comments: